Pet owners and lovers may consider the Neato Botvac D80 to be a boon at helping them keep their homes spic and span all the time. This robot vacuum picks up not only all types of pet hair (and human hair without discrimination) but also dirt, dust bunnies and crumbs from all floor types while you attend to more important work. It in fact picks up much more hair than other bots to keep your home neat and tidy at all times.
This carpet sweeper comes with a unique D-shape design which helps it conveniently reach into, and clean every corner of your home. Its LaserSmart mapping and navigation system systematically cleans the room after scanning, planning and mapping a clear route instead of wasting time and power bumping around.
Advanced SpinFlow cleaning system
The Neato Botvac works on an advanced SpinFlow Power Clean system which picks up most of the mess including crumbs, dirt, dust bunnies and pet hair on all types of floors. It combines the power of a spiral blade brush which can efficiently pick up messes from all types of floors and the combo brush which quietly picks up all types of hair.
Its D-shape proves advantageous to the robotic vacuum at helping it reach and clean hide-in corners and walls. The robotic vacuum has 2 extra-large, high performance filters which trap lots of dust.
The robotic vacuum carries out all its duties from room to room and then automatically recharges itself by returning to the charge base when its battery goes low. It then returns to where it had left off after charging to continue with its job.
It is better if the charge base is located at some place that has about 3” of space on both sides. This makes it much easier for the robot to return to the base for charging purposes.
Advanced navigation system
The automatic carpet sweeper uses a patented LaserSmart mapping and navigation technology to guide itself while cleaning. The technology scans the room, notes any objects in its path and then chooses and navigates along the most efficient course. It uses the help of simple drop down boundary markers to avoid placed it does not want to go, including stairs.
Works on its own
All you need to do is set an automatic schedule for the Neato Botvac to do its cleaning while you attend to your everyday work. Even if you fail to program it, just press start and the unit will vacuum all rooms on its own.
The automatic carpet sweeper will do its own transitioning from one room to another and between floor surfaces. The Neato Botvac D80 can also be used without any scheduling or pre-programming. You just have to press its start button and it goes about picking up all the hair and debris.
Bag less dirt bin
The robotic vacuum cleaner has an extra large, bag-less bin which holds much more dirt in its 0.7 lt. capacity than other round vacuums. It is easily emptied; you just have to lift it and throw its contents when full. It does not create as much a mess while emptying when compared to as smaller bins which are emptied from the robot’s side or underside.
- Advanced LaserSmart navigation system prevents unnecessary bumps and falls
- Automatically recharges itself when its battery’s low
- Advanced SpinFlow Power Clean system clears the floor of all messes
- Easily removed and emptied extra large bag less dirt bin
- Unique D-shape helps the robot vacuum reach corners and hard-to-reach places
- Does both scheduled and unscheduled cleaning at the press of a button
- Picks up all types of hair, dirt, crumbs and dust bunnies from floors
- Poor customer support
- Works for only 10-20 minutes and stops as dirt bin pops out
- No magnetic strip sensors on backside so the robot sometimes hits and scrapes walls
- Filters and spinning side brushes have to be constantly replaced
- Does not have sufficient power to clean all messes and pick up lots of hair
- Some complain sensors make the robot stop and give unnecessary error messages to clear path