In a tech-driven world where shopping to food delivery is done with a push of a button, home cleaning even has been made easier with automated Robot vacuums. But did it ease your peril in all aspects?
Although these vacuums have saved the time and energy spent cleaning and dusting the house, what about the dustbin cleaning? Isn’t it still a manual process? And to add on, if you don’t clean your dustbins at frequent intervals, the suction tube will get clogged, thereby leaving your floor as messy as it was earlier. But we have good news for you!
Would you like to opt for a robot vacuum that can automatically clean the dustbin? Though it sounds like a dream come true, the iRobot Roomba i7 has made this impossible possible! So if you have lots of pets or notorious kids messing around the house, making it untidy, iRobot Roomba i7 is best-suited for your cleaning needs. Let’s delve into knowing this device a little more!
- CLEANS UP AFTER YOU, AND ITSELF - Forget about vacuuming for months at a time with the CLEAN BASE Automatic Dirt Disposal that allows the i7+ to empty itself for up to 60 days. AllergenLock Bags capture and trap 99% of pollen and mold.
- POWERFUL PERFORMANCE & POWERFUL PICK-UP - Pulls in stubborn dirt & messes with a Premium 3-Stage Cleaning System & 10X the Power-Lifting Suction.
- GUIDED BY SERIOUS SMARTS - With vSLAM navigation, the i7+ learns the layout of your home & builds personal Smart Maps, enabling it to expertly clean & navigate in neat, efficient rows. If it’s running low on battery, it recharges & resumes cleaning.
- VACUUMS MESSES IN THE MOMENT - Cleaning crumbs is now as easy as “Roomba, clean under the kitchen table.” A simple request to your voice assistant or via the app enables the i7+ to clean messes for you, right when they happen.
- COMPLETE CONTROL OF YOUR CLEAN - With Smart Mapping, your robot knows your kitchen from your living room, so you can decide where it cleans & when. With Keep Out Zones, your robot knows to avoid sensitive areas like pet bowls or play areas.
Portraying a spectacular design
With a stunning jet black gloss finish, iRobot Roomba i7 is a circular robotic vacuum standing 3.7 inches tall and measures 13.4 inches in diameters. At its first look, it might resemble most robot vacuum, but the secret lies beneath! So flip it to unveil!
- Steering the futuristic wheel of design, Roomba i7 is available in a black body with silver lines for an enhanced finish.
- At the center of the device lies an oblong black divot, which houses the navigation camera.
- Above this button, you will find the start button and buttons specifying spot cleaning and smaller home cleaning.
- Every button has an LED light ring, which changes its color based on the operation. It glows blue when connected to WiFi, white while cleaning, and red when its on charge.
- There are dual rubber rollers, drop sensors, side brush, two main treads, and a dustbin on the vacuum’s bottom.
- Unlike its predecessors, Roomba i7’s dustbin has a small door that automatically connects to the clean base when it is docked.
- The Clean Base also has an impeccable sleek design than most of its counterparts. It measures in HWD as 19.0 by 12.2 by 15.1 inches, thereby offering sufficient storage space.
- Towards the bottom end of the clean base, a small square outlet aligns with the device’s dustbin.
- It has a big holder, which can store up to 30 dustbins worth dirt and has a specific indicator to indicate when the storage is full.
iRobot — the smart app for Roomba i7
Roomba i7 is a fully automated robotic vacuum cleaner that can make your home spotless with a push button. The device seamlessly connects with the iRobot Home App, available for Android and iOS users. So here is how you can easily set up your device with your smartphone.
- As an iRobot user, you will first need to download the app and create an account and then connect the iRobot device.
- After that simultaneously long-press the home and spot clean button on the device, and once connected, you can see the blue ring LED glowing around the start button.
- Now follow the in-app instructions and connect the Roomba i7 with your home WiFi network. The device, however, supports only 2.4GHz.
- Roomba i7 seamlessly connects with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistance, thereby functioning on voice command to start or stop cleaning.
- Users can also use a voice command facility to locate the device, dock it, or check its battery percentage.
Now let’s look at the iRobot App and how seamlessly it can render you a spotless home with an automated vacuum cleaner.
- The iRobot App is an easy-to-navigate and well-designed application with a sizeable clean button at its center of the main screen.
- Users can select between various tabs such as —History, preference, Smart, Maps, Schedule, and More Tab.
- While the history tab allows you to know about cleaning statistics, you can toggle the various setting on the preference tab based on your cleaning requirements.
- With the schedule tab, users can easily schedule cleaning sessions and locate the device or place other home care instructions using the More tab.
- The app’s special feature is the Smart Map, which builds a real-time image of your house with virtual barriers and No-Go-Zones as the user presses the Clean and Map Now Button.
- The device can store up to 10-floor plans, but you will have to move the device manually in the case of multi-storeyed houses.
- Once the mapping is done, you can label each room and schedule cleaning through voice assistance or the app.
Specification, Features, and Usability of iRobot Roomba i7
Bolstering technology for cleaning homes, Roomba i7 is an excellent robotic vacuum cleaner that features impeccable power suction level, smart imprint mapping, and is equipped with advanced hardware. Users are enticed with the software updates designed to offer enhanced functionalities leveraging the latest flicks of technology. The most imperative feature of Roomba i7 is the automated dirt disposable, which aids the device to empty the bin once full.
Selective Room Cleaning
Roomba i7 is a smart robot vacuum with which users can schedule room cleaning as per their convenience. The device has a real-time map set of your floor plan from the living room to the kitchen. Using the app of voice control, you can select which rooms to be cleaned and when. It is designed with iAdapt 3.0 technology with vSLAM navigation technology that captures several precise measures of your house for a full coverage cleaning.
Does your home have felines or long-haired dogs? Are you tired of cleaning all the loose fur strands which fall on the couches and bed? But real mess occurs when the loose strands are struck on your rugs and carpets! The answer to all these is iRobot Roomba i7. The device is designed with dual multi-surface rubber brushes to collect large debris, dust, and dirt. Its highly efficient filters further trap most of the pollen, dust mite allergens, and molds.
- Enhanced adaptability
Roomba i7 features the smart imprint mapping with which the robot vacuum gets an accurate layout of the home and chooses the best possible way to clean every room. So while areas might require lower suction speed, carpeted floors, or kitchen where most dust accumulates will require higher speed. Besides, the robot has intelligently recharge when running low on battery and resumes back to work when it’s refilled.
- Imprint Link technology
Easing the peril of house cleaning, Roomba i7 functions on Imprint Link Technology with which the robotic device can seamlessly vacuum and mop in sequential order.
- Voice control
While running late for office, if you accidentally spill your coffee on the floor, you can command Roomba i7 to clean up the mess using amaze Alexa or Google Assistance. The robot vacuum functions both through the app and even with voice commands.
- Auto recharge and resume
Designed with a futuristic vision, the Roomba i7 is a smart vacuum that retreats to its dock once it runs out of battery. The device uses its in-built technologies to an adequate amount of recharge for completion of the task.
- Compatibility with the clean base
The most remarkable feature of Roomba i7 is the automated cleaning of its bin, which renders the users a hassle-free cleaning experience. The clean base is big enough to store a large amount of debris for months. Besides, with the dustbin’s auto-clean feature, there are negligible chances of clogging in the suction tube.
- Being Smart is the prime focus
Roomba i7 is built with advanced technology to shape the future of cleaning today and tomorrow. It undergoes several software updates over time, making your robot smarter and intelligent day by day with new features for seamless cleaning experience.
What entices users to iRobot Roomba i7?
With a powerful 10X suction speed, Roomba i7 efficiently cleans all the trapped dust and dirt from floors and carpets. It also eliminates 99% of dust mites, harmful bacteria, and pollens, mostly invisible, but can become airborne and pollute the home environment. But with this smart robot, users can enjoy a cleaner indoor air quality as the device effectively removes .03 size microns from the air. Some of its elusive features are:
- Works on WiFi Connectivity
- Facilitates Multi-room cleaning
- Schedule cleaning
- 3 stage cleaning
- Advanced efficient filters
- Voice commands with Alexa or Google Assitance
- Remote-controlled using the premium iRobot Home App
The device is indeed beneficial for cleaning houses and offices at a much reasonable price than using the bulky canister vacuum cleaners.
Pros and Cons of iRobot Roomba i7
Now that we are aware of the functionalities of Roomba i7, let’s find out its advantages and disadvantages if any.
- Features self-emptying of the dustbin.
- It has excellent camera-based navigation.
- The device enables automated room recognition.
- Compatible with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa.
- It promotes the multi-story mapping of homes and offices.
- It supports voice commands and 3-stage cleaning.
- The device has a self-adjusting cleaning head.
- It offers customized cleaning services.
- It performs the cleaning task quietly with ease for a prolonged span.
- Designed with dirt-detect sensors.
- It has auto-adjustable cleaning heads for a seamless transition from floor to carpet.
- Has advanced HEPA filters to pick up allergens
- The device operates only on level floors.
- It is expensive and a little larger than its competitors.
- It requires routine maintenance.
- The clean base is bulky.
Is iRobot Roomba i7 ideal for your home?
With a variety of Roomba robot vacuum cleaners, it can become overwhelming for you to decide whether Roomba i7 is best-suited for your cleaning needs. So here is a checklist that will tell if you should invest in this device. Let’s have a look!
- If you have multi-story homes or offices, Roomba i7 features multi-story mapping for hassle-free cleaning.
- Houses having more than one pet can opt for this robot vacuum as it has HEPA filters to eliminate the allergen, pollens, and harmful bacteria. It will also render a spotless home by removing the fallen fur strands from your pets.
- The device is kids-friendly as you can control selective room cleaning and operate with virtual barriers to keep it out of your kid’s league.
- If you are looking for multi-room cleaning, Roomba i7 can sequentially vacuum and mop the house.
- If you want a seamless cleaning experience with automated cleaning of the dustbin, Roomba i7 is your best choice.
- If you are looking for a quieter robot vacuum cleaner with high suction speed for a deep cleaning session, this robot cleaner can seamlessly perform the task without a blink of doubt.
First time cleaning with Roomba i7 — here is what to expect
Cleaning homes is tedious, especially when you have notorious kids and pets to topsy-turvy cleaned rooms to a messy one. So as you plan to bring home, your first Roomba series robot vacuum cleaners, here are things for your first time experience.
- On the first cleaning session, you will find the dustbin getting filled frequently as the Roomba i7 is trying to pull out the dirt and dust from places you haven’t cleaned in a while. But with regular cleaning sessions, there will be less amount of dirt in your dustbin.
- It functions on an automated cleaning process, so if you have a small cleaning area, its powerful Lithium-Ion battery can clean it on one charge. Still, for larger space, it will need an auto-recharge of 85 minutes before resuming the task.
- You can customize cleaning rooms every day or at certain intervals using iRobot Home App or voice command through Alexa.
But before you bring home this technology marvel, remove small obstacles that can hinder the robot’s path while cleaning. Besides, using the Dual Mode Virtual Wall Barriers, you can cordon off areas where you don’t want your robot to clean.
iRobot Roomba i7 is an incredibly designed robot vacuum cleaner that will ease the tedious cleaning task, while users can relax and give voice commands. It has an impressive development, especially with digital assistance integration, automated emptying of the bin, and advanced smart mapping techniques. Thus investing in this is worth every penny if you can afford a steep price.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- Will Smith, Bridget Moynahan, Bruce Greenwood (Actors)
- Alex Proyas (Director)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- Rami Malek, Christian Slater (Actors)
- Niels Arden Oplev (Director) - Sam Esmail (Writer) - Sam Esmail (Producer)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- Will Smith, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Clive Owen (Actors)
- Ang Lee (Director) - David Benioff (Writer) - Jerry Bruckheimer (Producer)
- (Playback Language)
- Audience Rating: PG-13 (Parents Strongly Cautioned)
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?